Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Board Review 3rd Edition
“This book does an excellent job and is currently the only known review book for physiatrists. The author has done it again, producing an excellent, concise resource that provides clinicians with an optimal solution for studying for the written board examination.” –Doodys Reviews
This third edition of the incomparable review bible for the Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Board Examination has been completely updated to reflect current practice and the core knowledge tested on the exam. Known for its organization, consistency, and clarity, the book distills the essentials and provides focused reviews of all major topics. Coverage is expanded in the third edition to include dedicated sections on pain management, medical ethics, and ultrasound that reflect new board requirements.
Written in outline format for readability and easy access to information, content is modeled after the topic selection of the AAPMR Self-Directed Medical Knowledge Program used by residents nationwide. To aid in information retention, √èPearls√ì are designated with an open-book icon to highlight key concepts and stress clinical and board-eligible aspects of each topic. The text is divided into major subspecialty areas written by authors with clinical expertise in each subject area, and content is reviewed by senior specialists to ensure the utmost accuracy. More than 500 high-quality illustrations clarify and reinforce concepts. The book also provides updated epidemiologic and statistical data throughout and includes a section on biostatistics in physical medicine and rehabilitation. In addition to its proven value as a resource for exam preparation, the book is also a must-have for practicing physiatrists seeking recertification, and for PM&R instructors helping trainees to prepare for the exam.
New to the Third Edition:
- Thoroughly reviewed, revised, and updated to reflect current practice and core knowledge tested on Boards
- Improved organization, clarity, and consistency
- Presents new chapters/sections on pain management, medical ethics, and ultrasound
- Board “Pearls” are highlighted with an open-book icon throughout the text to flag key concepts and stress high-yield aspects of each topic
- Models the table of contents after the topic selection of the AAPMR Self-Directed Medical Knowledge Program used by residents nationwide
- Authored by physicians with special interest and clinical expertise in their respective areas and reviewed by senior specialists in those areas
- Organizes information in outline format and by topic for easy reference
- Includes over 500 illustrations to clarify concepts
- Provides updated epidemiologic and statistical data throughout
- Contains a section on biostatistics in physical medicine & rehabilitation
Praise for the First Edition:
“… there is no other comparable text in PM&R. The key resource for facts needed to pass boards and useful for those in clinical practice for day to day use as well. – –Doody’s Reviews
“I congratulate the editors and authors for coming up with such incredible and concise work…I think that this book is a must for all residents undergoing training in the field of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation.” –Saudi Medical Journal
“Over the years many residents have confronted the problem of what to study for the boards…This elegant volume will finally fulfill this critical void – From the foreword by Ernest W. Johnson, M.D.