The Ophthalmic Assistant A Text for Allied and Associated Ophthalmic Personnel, 11th Edition
Covering all the knowledge and skills needed for everyday duties as well assuccess on certification and recertification exams,The Ophthalmic Assistant, 11th Edition, is an essential resource for allied health personnel working in ophthalmology, optometry, opticianry, and other eye care settings. Drs. Harold A. Stein, Raymond M. Stein, and Melvin I. Freeman are joined by new editor Dr. Rebecca Stein and several new contributing authors who providepractical, up-to-date guidance on ocular diseases, surgical procedures, medications, and equipment, as well asparamedical procedures and office management for today’s practice. This outstanding reference and review tool provides essential knowledge and guidance for ophthalmic assistants, technicians, and technologists as critical members of the eye care team.
- Keeps you up to date with coverage ofkey topics such as topography-guided PRK, cataract surgery with multifocal IOLs to treat presbyopia, and OCT and OCTA, as well as the latest information on basic science, new testing procedures and equipment, andtwo new chapters on refractive surgery and eye banking.
- Providesfull-color visual guidance for identification of ophthalmic disorders, explanations of difficult concepts, and depictions of the newest equipment used in ophthalmology and optometry—more than 1,000 images in all.
- Featuresmore than 400 interactive multiple-choice review questions that test your knowledge and understanding of key concepts.
- Includes abonus color-image atlas that tests your clinical recognition of disease and disorders of the eye.
- Containsconvenient quick-reference appendices with hospital/practice forms for more efficient patient record keeping, conversion tables, and numerous language translations, plus information on ocular emergencies, pharmaceuticals, and more.
Download the book